- a dark place where one goes to insert suppositions and other soft bits.

Monday, September 17, 2007

dramatic tension

I've been a screenwriter for a few weeks now. It's not going well. I mean, I spent a fortune on brass brads (and washers), a three hole punch, two reams of 20 lb. paper, two packs of index cards, Final Draft (okay, it's the free trial, but I will buy it if this pans out), and a slew of suggested reading material: Egri, Field, McKee, Seger, Snyder, et al. With all that, you'd think I'd have sold something by now.

3 comments:

  1. LOL A few weeks... that's cute!

    Heather
    MamaNeedsABookContract.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fortune on paper and brads! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syd Field? Okay, if you want to sell like Syd Field, you've gotta think like Syd Field. Instead of a screenplay, write an ebook on how to write a screenplay. Oh wait, that's thinking like me. Don't do that! Um, multiply a few weeks by, let's say, 14,548 and you'll be working for pay in no-time.;)

    ReplyDelete

The Suppositoreum ©2007