- a dark place where one goes to insert suppositions and other soft bits.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

the inciting incident

I'm self employed. I build web based software. I hate my job. Well, maybe not hate. I've made millions of dollars (did I say millions? I meant hundreds) and it has provided a lifestyle worthy of mention by Robin Leach (did I say Robin Leach? I meant it's made me a leach) but it's just so frivolous and meaningless, and pointless and frivolous, and boring and meaningless and well, you know what I mean I'm sure. I had hoped my contribution would be much greater.

The other day my wife and I bumped into Michael Bublé (we live in the same building). We had a nice chat about the Canucks, Tony Bennet, Oprah, his new CD, and how our building's elevators are so slow. I actually hadn't noticed, but he brought it up.

Anyway, after he got off, I thought about our little three-way for a second or two. I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.

Someday you'll understand that.

1 comment:

  1. I understand about the job. I'm extremely frustrated with teaching. I, too, had hoped my contribution would be much greater.

    I like your blog. Understated. Funny.

    ReplyDelete

The Suppositoreum ©2007