- a dark place where one goes to insert suppositions and other soft bits.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

masturbation means never having to say you're sorry

Openly acknowledging one’s foibles can be somewhat liberating. So, through this uncharacteristic dalliance with candor, I’ll admit it; mosquitoes, upon capture, dead or alive, are unmercifully dismembered. There, I said it. Pluck, pluck, pluckity-pluck. Wings, legs, proboscides, and heads methodically detached from bodies. Neither proud nor ashamed, it’s just something I do, unselfishly, for the greater good. You're welcome.

Writing, on the other hand, is a purely selfish endeavor. A self-gratifying indulgence that does not require a tissue.

13 comments:

  1. I admit it, I laughed, agreed and then read thru the rest of your posts and did it all over again. God work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from the Pro Blogger website. This title got me to click and the post made me laugh at it's subject yet cry for the poor mosquito.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT TITLE...found it through problogger

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title caught my eye. The 'your' in the title should be 'you're' though because it's never having to say you are sorry.

    But back to the post, those mosquitoes deserve it, pesky things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jen at semantically driven... Right you are. Thank you so much for the correction. No idea how I missed that. Guess I was busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear...what does it say about ME that this is the first post I clicked from Darren's site??? I laughed out loud and had to pop over to see the bait and switch.

    Funny, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wiser words have never been written! Well done with the title. Besides, creativity is better than sex.

    cheers & best of luck with Problogger's contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know why I liked this but I did and that means I'll have to stay and poke around a little more. You win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from Problogger. Why does the word masturbation draw our eye instantly? I like your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you must have awfully small fingers, to be tearing mosquitoes apart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! You hit my Hot Spot...check it out...Good Luck with the ProBlogger comp

    ReplyDelete

The Suppositoreum ©2007